Survey Results For "What You Love Most About The Fair Oaks Village"!in Updates
We asked, you answered!
Thank you to everyone who took the time to do our survey, "What You Love Most About the Fair Oaks Village" in August 2019.
We were blown away by the amount of love and input that you all gave in the survey. We appreciated all of the ideas of what can be improved upon and we loved learning first hand what the Village community means to you - this truly is a very special place to visit, live, and do business.
We will continue to do surveys like this from time to time and we hope you all will continue to participate.
So without further ado, here are the results!
What is your favorite part about visiting the village?
- 38.9% said Restaurants
- 27.8% said The Park/Outdoors
- 22.2% said Theatre/Entertainment
- 5.6% said the variety of businesses in the Village
- 5.6% said all of the above
What is your favorite business in the Village?
What is your favorite event in the Village?
The Chicken Festival was the obvious favorite, followed closely by Christmas in the Village, Concerts in the Park, and the theatrical productions at the Fair Oaks Veterans Memorial Amphitheatre.
What would you like to see more of in the Village?
- Longer concerts schedule
- Bella Vista Band at Concert in the Park
- A sushi restaurant
- Cocktail Bar
- An ice cream shop
- Eateries, nightlife
- Not just antique stores & hair salons
- More flowers/planters
- Cuter outdoor eating tables/chairs
- Drought friendly, colorful landscaping
- Restaurants with outdoor seating
- Places to sit in the shade
- Dog related events
- Chicken abandonment enforcement
- Businesses open on Mondays
- More visitor friendly businesses
- Bike parking to encourage alternatives to driving
What do you love most about the Village?
- "Small community charm."
- "There's a lot of shade."
- "The chickens!"
- "The coffee shops/restaurants/theatre."
- "The Brew Pub."
- "Community and ambience."
- "Access to the River / American River trail."
- "Chill vibe."
- "Small, non-corporate businesses and the wildlife."
"It's small town atmosphere, knowing just about everyone, and sense of community. It's such a picturesque area and close to the river with access to the bike trail."
What is the importance of Community to you?
We got a lot of great answers for this one! Here are some of our favorite:
"Community is engagement with one another. We can easily isolate ourselves today. The Village can be a place for people to re engage."
"Caring about each other and respecting nature around us should be very important in every community. The importance of community to me is an area free of poverty and crime, providing a high quality of life for everyone who lives there, and continuous development of local culture for trans-generational learning."