FOVEC - Fair Oaks Village Enhancement Committee
“The Fair Oaks Village Enhancement Committee works together with property owners, business owners, the County of Sacramento, and other stakeholders to develop and implement a plan of improvements that enable the Fair Oaks Village to increase its viability as a thriving business district."
The Committee is comprised of representatives from the following:
- Fair Oaks Chamber of Commerce
- Fair Oaks Village business owners
- Fair Oaks property owners
- Fair Oaks Recreation and Parks District
- Fair Oaks Water District
- Fair Oaks Community Planning Council
- Fair Oaks residents
- County of Sacramento
The Village Enhancement Vision:
- Encompasses the views of stakeholders that make up Fair Oaks Village.
- Identifies community strengths and assets.
- Identifies community needs and concerns.
- Establishes goals for improving Fair Oaks Village’s commercial district.
- Presents specific recommendations to reach those improvement goals.
Implementation of this Village Enhancement Vision will help Fair Oaks Village in a number of ways. A widely embraced Vision can:
- Clearly describe what the community wants accomplished.
- Provide a framework for other community and planning decisions.
- Give direction to Sacramento County and other service providers about appropriate capital improvements for Fair Oaks Village.
- Offer residents and businesses the opportunity to offer a clear picture of the type of development Fair Oaks Village wants.
- Inform property owners and potential developers about what businesses are needed and the types of development that will be encouraged.
- Provide guidelines for the design of new development so it will complement and enhance the existing commercial area.